Monday, November 25, 2013

TV Horror Anthology - Evil Touch

Evil Touch
Nine Network 1973-4
25 episodes


An Australian production with American leads and Aussie supporting actors.  This is perhaps the most amateurish of all the horror anthologies, with many episodes resembling regional horror movies of the same era.

This could be a good thing, but the unimaginative scripts make most of the episodes worthless.  Several have tame twist endings consisting of "you murdered me and I now I'm a ghost and am going to haunt you.  Boo."  There are rare moments that show bizarre creativity, if only because they were aiming for a cliche and missed so badly they ended up somewhere interesting.

I had high hopes for the series after my first episode, but alas it appears I got lucky and got the best, and weirdest, first:


No comments:

Post a Comment