Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Bad Influences: Max's Mondo Madness

Max Headroom is one of those formerly ubiquitous cultural artifacts which society collectively decides to scrub from it's consciousness, like Gangam Style or Zach Galifianakis.  Either it's time has come again or I have lost all sense of taste, but I think it holds up well today, at least the movie and TV series, if not the Coke commercials.

In 1986, Max hosted a series of what were then called "mondo" or "midnight" movies.  I recall very little of it, except that's where I taped Reefer Madness and The Forbidden Zone featured prominently in the intro, though I may be confusing it with Night Flight.

This show has almost no internet fingerprint, but it's likely called "Max's Mondo Madness", a term that I am now ruining the googlewang for - it's only reference is at Max Headroom Notes.

2 comments:

  1. I saw all 4 episodes of Max’s Mondo Madness. Reefer Madness, Forbidden Zone, Scared to Death, and one I can’t remember any more. Taped them all on Beta, but they’re gone now. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Terror Of Tiny Town”. A western with an all little person cast.

      Delete