Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Arbor House Treasury of True Crime by John Dunning



The Arbor House Treasury of True Crime
by John Dunning
Arbor House, 1981


Heavy proof stuff here.  This unassuming tome is a huge omnibus of reprinted true crime stories, mostly from Germany and France.  It is also perhaps the most f'ed up book I have ever read.  Murder, incest, rape, incest, serial killing, incest, and incest.  All written in a flat reporting style, with some narrative conceits from the investigators.  The twisted lives people led outside of their crimes were even more disturbing.

Interestingly, it describes a fetal abduction in Bosnia from 1970, which is four years earlier than the first listed in Wikipedia.

I had this book sometime in my youth - it must have been high school, since I knew Colin Wilson from the Outsider and I wasn't that pretentious until at least sophomore year.

Get used from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment