Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Bad Influences - Night Flight



Night Flight wasn't so much a show as a programming block, airing for four hours late Friday and Saturday nights on the USA Network from 1981 to 1989 before moving to syndication and finally the internet.

The show centered around music videos, of the artier persuasion, but also had animation, short films, features, and general psychotronic stuff.  Notably, it showed clips from the Subgenius film Arise!  As cool as you can get on basic cable.

I think I watched the show mostly during sleepovers, and the only specific memories I have of it are seeing Duran Duran's Wild Boys video and a kung fu movie where someone has to drink virgin piss and chases around little boys trying to pee in alleys.  I must have watched much more - I recognize presenter Pat Prescott's voice more than my mother's - but I remember very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment